BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 9, 2009

im a drifter out on a dead end road, trying to find my way back home to get to you.

Well, needless to say this weekend was intense, on so many different levels haha.

Friday was a bit stressful. I hate to wake up super early and go to class, take a Sign Language test (that was very difficult) and then take a math quiz. Afterwards I went home and got my stuff together and packed... then met up with Harmon to eat a little before I left. We had a pretty good conversation during dinner. Then I was heading home, and my whole drive home was a really good chance to have some time to myself and to let my thoughts air out. Once I got home I got myself settled and went out to meet up with a friend, and ended up hanging out for quite some time. I had a lot of fun =]. By the time that was done with it was late and I headed back to get some rest.

Saturday was possibly one of the craziest days of my life. Woke up with the intention to go to Eli's basketball game, and right before taking a shower Katie called and said they weren't going. I was a bit bummed because I was really looking forward to watching him play and surprising with my presence as well. Therefore I got to sleep an extra hour or so, got up and got dressed, ran some errands, and met up with Shannon at Panacea. It had been so incredibly long since I had last seen her, I was extremely pleased to spend that time with her, in our old favorite spot. She still can make me the best cup of coffee =P. We sat there for 2 hours and talked and caught up on everything, which was a lot. I hope I don't go that long without talking or seeing her again, I realized how much I have missed our friendship. Once I left I headed towards Asheville to meet up with my sister, Becca. I picked her up from her dorm room and we headed straight to AJ's piercing and we both pierced our nose. The process was quite long and funny. This girl does all the piercings by herself, and we both gave her a hard time with our choice of nose jewelry. We both wanted a ring, and the ring she picked out at first we both agreed was a bit too big. So she had to find not just one but two smaller ones, so that took a while and then sterilize them. Becca decided to go first and cracked me up during the set-up process. The girl had to put a dot on her twice because Becca wasn't happy with the first one and finally when she got it right becca touched it and smeared it everywhere and was like "Oh Im sooo sorry!", haha I couldn't help but crack up. Anyways Becca squeezed my hand so hard it turned white, and I realized I probably shouldn't have watched the piercing process. Once I saw the 4 inch needle go in and come out under her nostril and onto her lip i was speechless. She had a hard time clamping the ring close enough together to clamp the ball on. Eventually she got it done, and it was my turn. It seemed to go by alot smoother and faster for me, and it was extremely painful, but it didn't last long. The hard part for me was the piercer getting the ball to clamp on my hoop. It just wouldn't. Other than that it truly wasn't that bad, and unlike my belly button piercing it didn't really hurt after the needle was out. We both left extremely pleased with the job she had done, and I have decided to go back in 2 weeks and re-pierce my belly, hehe.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
^^this is a terrible picture. will post a better one, very soon.

After that I took Becca back, and drove home to pick up my other sister Sabrina and took her to eat some Chinese food. Her boyfriend and his friend came and made the whole ordeal very interesting, and slightly uncomfortable haha. Then I went back to the apartment, changed and took Sabrina home. After this I went to meet up with Jeaniece and Benji at Angie's birthday party. This party started out pretty fun, until Jeaniece and Benji got into a fight and she decided to leave. A lot of my friends were there, and I had a pretty good time altogether. Losing in a game of Asshole did me in though, and I was up most of the night.

Sunday morning I woke up 3 hours later wide awake and not able to go back to sleep. So I got up, packed and cleaned, and went to go see Katie and the kids. This comforted me quite a bit, and I was so glad to get to see them. Katie has always been a big support and influence in my life, as well as her sister who I was not so lucky to get to see this time. Max was adorable as ever, hugging me every 2 seconds and kissing me too. (He gives great kisses for a 3 year old, haha). Eli was a little moody, but still my favorite 5 year old =]. It is insane how big baby Ali Beth is getting, she is 9 months old now, and one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen. I spent hours over there, talking and getting advice and oddly enough healing. After I said my goodbyes I met up with a couple friends to say goodbye before i left, which made me not want to leave even more. Then it was time to say goodbye to my parents and when I walked in the house they were watching home videos of me and my sisters when we were tiny, and my mom had tears in her eyes. (Like that was supposed to make it easy to leave and go back to Concord). We talked and my mom didn't notice my nose ring till later, and once she did started crying again. I felt bad, but I assured her it was a minor piercing and once I get a stud it will be a lot less dramatic and noticeable. Oops.

Then my drive home was long and smooth. I had a lot of time to think, but it never seems like enough. By the time I got back I was exhausted from the lack of sleep the night before, and it only took about ten minutes to be in bed. Laying there I was very grateful I got to go home, and can't wait to go back in two weeks to celebrate my dad and max's birthday. Home is just a reminder of how truly blessed I am and why. How could I not be homesick?

Being back is the same as I left it.
Just 2 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments: